The Darnley Lodge Hotel is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of The Darnley Lodge Hotel in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Darnley Lodge Hotel
- Our contact details are as follows:
- Address: Darnley Lodge Hotel, Main Street, Athboy, County Meath, Ireland, C15 YP2K
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone No.: +353 (0) 46 9432283
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is The Darnley Lodge Hotel
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are a limited company registered in Ireland. (CRO number: 528233) and operating since 2013 as a hotel.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Hazel Clarke (Director)
- +353 (0) 46 943 2283
Purpose for processing your data
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, personal preferences and special requirements: such as room preferences and set up; as well as dietary requirements that you supply to us or is supplied to us via online reservations, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent, such as those on your booking. Your information is collected to secure reservations for business operations and to enhance your guest’s experience. We will update your information accordingly to keep it accurate and applicable for your return stays at the hotel.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with our services, the Darnley lodge Hotel needs to collect personal data for security, incident/accident management or insurance etc., we will collect and process your information for the purposes set out below and in line with guidance from the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland.
These purposes include administration, customer service, quality, improvement related activities, product innovation and choice, business management, operation and efficiencies, risk management, security, fraud, crime prevention, monitoring research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising, purchasing and activity trends.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing you data under the GDPR is:
- Contractual – The Darnley Lodge Hotel needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of Own brand and On-line Travel Agencies to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event, The Darnley Lodge Hotel are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute any invasion of your privacy.
How will The Darnley Lodge Hotel use the personal data it collects about me?
The Darnley Lodge Hotel will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to The Darnley Lodge Hotel in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with The Darnley Lodge Hotel procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Our CRM providers
- Processing credit card payments.
- Preforming analysis of our service and customer demographics
- Communicating with you the guest, by way of email or survey delivery
- Guest Relations
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
The Darnley Lodge Hotel facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that The Darnley Lodge Hotel refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. The Darnley Lodge Hotel will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by The Darnley Lodge Hotel or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and The Darnley Lodge Hotel data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract (e.g. Life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we have received your personal data from another source:
The Darnley Lodge Hotel have collected your personal data from Online Travel Agents & Own Brand
We want to share any other information required to demonstrate that the processing is fair and transparent.
The Categories of personal data we have collected are: names, contact details and preferences to ensure guests requirements are meet during your stay.
This data with be shared internally with all hotel departments.
If we have received your personal data from another source we will endeavour to share with you:
- one month of obtaining the personal data, in accordance with the specific circumstances of the processing;
- at the first instance of communicating in circumstances where the personal data is used to communicate with the data subject;
- when personal data is first disclosed in circumstances where the personal data is disclosed to another recipient.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.